Islam is widely misunderstood. Even news reports often get many of the basic facts about Islam, the Quran, and even its history. Dr. Shehzad Saleem takes readers through some of the most common myths about this ancient religion of peace and explains the facts. Even lifelong Muslims sometimes believe some of these misconceptions.
If you want to understand the world better and are curious about what Muslims really believe and what the Quran actually teaches, this book is for you. Even if you are a Muslim, this book may give you fresh insights into your faith and strengthen your understanding of your core beliefs.
The book is both interesting and easy to read. You will find yourself caught up in the rich history of Islam and find many things to think about as you discover the truth behind many of the misconceptions many people have.
In this book you will learn:
- The history of the Quran and why it is not just a loose collection of incoherent parts
- Difference between Sunnah and Hadith
- God never wanted Abraham to sacrifice his son
- Non-Muslims can receive Zakah
- Truth about the duty to create an Islamic state
- The difference between interest and rent
- Teachings on divorce
- Proper relationship between a husband and wife
- And truth behind Islamic punishments
Whether you are a Muslim, or just interested in one of the world’s major religions, this book will open your eyes to the true teachings and precepts of this faith that has been central to so much of the world’s history.
Dr. Saleem’s careful scholarship and clear style make this book a must have for anyone studying Islam. The sooner you get your copy of this book the sooner you will uncover the truths behind the most common myths about Islam.